DU Automotive lighting engineering
Service : Continuous Education
This training is the result a partnership between the University of Toulon (www.univ-tln.fr) and OPTIS, Inc. (https://www.optis-world.com/).
OPTIS is a world-leading company providing scientifically proven, physics-based software for simulating the behavior of light, simulating human vision, and finally visualizing a product in its final context. The company offers its know-how to over 2400 customers, and many of the 500 largest companies in the world use software developed by OPTIS. In the field of automotive lighting, SPEOS (https://www.optis-world.com/product-offering-light-simulation-virtual-reality-software/SPEOS) has been frequently used by numerous automotive original equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
The aim of this training is to support professionals or students in acquiring the necessary qualifications and methods, as well as using the appropriate light simulation tools in the field of automotive lighting.
This 3-unit course will teach you how to model, simulate, and analyze the photometric efficiency of lighting systems with SPEOS software and how to dynamically experience and test lighting systems embedded in a future vehicle under real conditions with the VRX Driver simulator (https://www.optis-world.com/product-offering-light-simulation-virtual-reality-software/vrx-dynamic-driving-software. This training will also enable you to render photo-realistic aspects of products using High Resolution and High Dynamics Rendering thanks to a unique physics based approach to light and an understanding of the dynamics of human vision.
Maître de Conférences
- Beam Propagation (Photometry and Colorimetry)
- Light Expert Analysis
- Optical Shape Design
Acquired Skills :
- Creating optical shape designs for the automotive industry
- Generate ray tracings
- Simulate and analyze the photometric efficiency of lighting systems
- Headlamp Simulator
Acquired Skills :
- Prepare data for simulation
- Manage environmental elements and car geometry
- Adjust the lighting system to pass regulations
- Use tools to measure physical quantities
- Drive a car in real conditions
- Configure a system to deploy the simulation
- From Visual Ergonomics to Virtual Reality
Acquired Skills :
- Simulate lit or unlit appearances
- Create multi-lighting configurations
- Review design results and dynamically change the point of view
- Explore the interior and exterior of a product to assess its ergonomics, perfecting the design
Total : 80 hours of training
Applicants must have earned one of the following degrees.
- An Engineering Degree recognized by the Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs (Commission for Engineering Degrees),
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent, (preferably in relevant scientific fields)
- A foreign degree equivalent to one of the above.
All courses will be taught in full-English. Applicants should be proficient in English : B2 level (575 points on the paper-based TOEFL or 785 points on the TOEIC).
Enrollment is limited to 10 students.
- Duration of the training : 2 weeks
- Periodicity : 10 weekdays over a 2-week period
- Specific to every diploma.
- The training institution reserves the right to cancel or to postpone a training if the minimal number of participants is not reached.
- 4,500 euros
- University fees in excess of the educational costs : €170.00*
* Fees for the 2018-2019 academic year, subject to modification
University of Toulon, Campus de La Garde, France
and OPTIS SAS La Farlède, France.
The training institution reserves the right to cancel or to postpone a training if the minimal number of participants is not reached.