International Exchange Students
With numerous exchange programs, the University of Toulon (UTLN) offers international students the opportunity to study in Toulon for a semester or full academic year. To find out if your institution has a partnership with the University of Toulon contact the International Relations Department of your institution.
Applicants for the 2018/2019 Academic year
We’d like to congratulate you on being chosen by your institution to study at the University of Toulon ! Here at the University of Toulon, you’ll receive a warm and personalized welcome.
Exchange Programs : Erasmus +, BCI (CRePUQ), Erasmus Mundus, Bilateral Agreements
- You enrol and pay tuition at your home university
- You are exonerated from paying tuition at the University of Toulon
- You follow the classes stipulated in your « learning agreement » (contrat d’études).
Prior to arrival
You must apply on-line.
As soon as your home institution has accepted your application, the Department of International Relations at the University of Toulon will directly contact you by e-mail to inform you of the procedures to follow.
Once your application has been accepted on-line, your application will be processed by our Department of International Relations with the following documents :
- University Transcript of reccords of your previous academic years
Your application must be validated online: :
- prior to May 31st 2018 for Autumn Semester students.
- prior to October 31st 2018 for Spring Semester students.
Documents required for enrolment at the university
For all international students
- Valid ID card or passport
- Proof of third-party liability insurance : it is possible to purchase insurance after your arrival in France
For students from the European Union
- European Health Insurance Card
For students from countries outside the European Union and outside the European Economic Area
- Visa D for students
- Proof of Health Insurance for the period of study/internship at UTLN with details of cover,
- Or an original copy of your birth certificate with filiation and a certified legal French translation (for Canadians, a certificate of filiation is required) in order to join the French Sécurité Sociale for students (French Health Insurance for students : 217€ in 2017-2018)
For exchange students (Erasmus+, Erasmus Mundus, BCI/Crepuq, Bilateral agreements, free mover …)
- Learning agreement
- Valid student card from your home university
For students graduating at UTLN
- Notification for admission at UTLN for students selected on partnership programs
- transcript of records of secondary education qualification with a certified translation in French
- last university qualification/certificate/diploma with a certified translation in French
- Certificat de scolarité (Enrolment certificate) for UTLN students on a delocalized program
Visa and Resident Permit
- A Certificate of financial resources in the amount of approximately €615 per month (proof of a standing electronic funds transfer, scholarship or family support) is required for a visa.
- For students who are not citizens of the European Union and who will be in France for over 3 months : you will be able to apply for a resident permit upon arrival in France once you have completed the immigration medical exam at the Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration (OFII). Once you have arrived in France, you must properly fill out and forward the OFII form that was issued to you with your visa by the French Consulate of your home country to the “Direction Territoriale de l’OFII, 61 bd Rabateau, 13295 Marseille Cedex 08” ;
NB : Students not from the European Union and the European Economic Area are required to register on the Campus France website of their respective country when available in their country.
For more information, please read ourHandbook for exchange students
Université de Toulon - http://www.univ-tln.fr/International-Exchange-Students.html - firstname.lastname@example.org