The COSMER team brings together research and teaching skills in mechanics and robotics (sections 60 et 61 of CNU). The missions of the research unit consist of conducting research activities in mechatronics (mechanics and robotics), in conjunction with the regional industrial sector, and in particular defining research activities in underwater robotics in cooperation with Ifremer.
Direction of lab :
Director : Vincent HUGEL, University Professor.
Composition of lab :
The COSMER laboratory is composed of twenty full teacher-researchers.
Research Topics / teams
The unit develops two main research topics :
- one topic centered on eco-design, named EOSMD : Ecodesign and Optimization of sustainable mechanical systems, which focuses on complex systems optimization methods.
- one topic centered on autonomous mobile robotics, RMMAT : Marine, Amphibious and Terrestrial Mobile Robotics, and especially on the mobility and the autonomy of robotic systems in aquatic and terrestrial environments.
A transversal research activity that is dedicated to mechanical design through additive manufacturing was introduced in September 2015 to deal with issues related to the optimization of the digital chain in rapid prototyping, from the development of dedicated design methodologies up to the piloting of manufacturing robotic structures.
For a list of COSMER lab publications visit https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/COSMER
Find out more about COSMER, its current research projects, marine and maritime industry partners and details on the Master ROC.
Scientific support to courses
- Engineering School Seatech : option I-Meca-D (Mechanical Innovation for Sustainable Systems) and SYSMER (Mechatronic et Robotic Systems) (2nd et 3rd years)
- UFR Sciences and techniques : Master research, mention ISC, option ROC (Robotics and Connected Objects)
- IUT : departments GMP, GIM et MMI.
Partnership / networks :
Université de Toulon - https://www.univ-tln.fr/COSMER-Laboratory.html - firstname.lastname@example.org