Logo SeaTech

Visas and Temporary Residency Permit

International students who wish to study in France must have an extended-stay visa with residency permit (VLS-TS) or a temporary residency permit for students. International students must meet certain requirements before arriving in France.


You must apply for a visa at the French Embassy or Consulate of your home country.

Students from the following countries must apply exclusively via CampusFrance during pre-enrolment at an Institute of Higher Education : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chili, China, Columbia, Congo Brazzaville, South Korea, The Ivory Coast, The United States of America, Gabon, Guinea, India, Japan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Russia, Senegal, Syria, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Vietnam.

Candidates must apply on-line from their home country. www.countryname.campusfrance.org. For example, a student from Algeria must log on at : www.algerie.campusfrance.org.

Residents of the European Union, Andorra, Monaco, San-Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican are exonerated from obtaining an extended-stay visa.

Warning ! Erasmus Students who do not have European Union citizenship must apply for an extended-stay student visa. Contact the French Consulate of your home country.

Extended Stay Visas

Holders of an extended-stay student visa with residency permit (VLS-TS) exceeding 3 months are not required to apply for a temporary residency permit their first year in France, with the exception of Algerian and Canadian residents whose “D” Student Visa mentions “Titre de séjour à demander dès votre arrivée.” These students must apply for a temporary residency permit upon arrival in France.

When your visa is issued, the Consulate will provide you with an OFII Certificate (Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration) which must be sent to your local OFII office within the first 3 months upon arrival in France. The OFII will set up an appointment to take care of the registration process. This registration process is compulsory.

A representative from the Préfecture du Var is also available on campus.

For more information : www.diplomatie.gouv.fr

Université de Toulon - http://www.univ-tln.fr/Visas-and-Temporary-Residency-Permit.html - comweb@univ-tln.fr