Faculty of Economics and Management
The Faculty of Economics and Management has over 600 students and offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate’s Degrees.
The academic staff advises and individually assists students throughout their studies. Many classes are offered as tutorials with limited class sizes (Economic Methods, Career Planning, English...). To prepare students for the business world, internships or tutored projects are possible starting in the 3rd year of the Bachelor’s Degree.
In the 3rd year of the Bachelor’s degree in Economics, students begin specialising by attending elective courses in a particular field. This helps the students to choose which of the following Master’s degree they would like to pursue :
- International Fair Trade and Economic Development (Professional) ;
- Regional and Business Development (Professional) ;
- Financial Macroeconomics and Economic Development (Research).
In the Master’s Degrees, purposely limiting enrolment enables each student to receive individual attention. Having some courses taught by professional business people and requiring a 4 to 6-month internship better prepares students to integrate the workforce.
To further enhance student employability, an optional complementary “International” curriculum is proposed to students that follow traditional coursework in English in addition to attending intensive English courses.
The LEAD Research Unit for Applied Economics and Development is actively involved in highly specialised courses for the Master’s degree programmes. The LEAD Research Unit has around 20 Professors/Researchers and 30 doctoral students preparing their PhD viva.
The Faculty of Economics and Management will relocate to the new University of Toulon downtown campus, near the Porte d’Italie, in September 2014.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
- Master’s Degree in Economic Development Specialising in International Fair Trade and Economic Development
- Master’s Degree in Economic Development Specialising in Regional Development and Entrepreneurship
- Master’s Degree in Economic Development Specialising in Financial Macroeconomics and Economic Development